Minnesota is the 22nd most populous state in the U.S. According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the average annual and hourly income of occupational therapy professionals in 2018 in Minnesota was $74,050 and $35.46. This is lower compared to the average salary of occupational therapists in Iowa and the national average salary. The procedure of license approval and issuance of occupational therapy is under the control of The Minnesota Department of Health. The board may take a few weeks or months to provide you the license of an occupational therapy professional.
In order to get a license in any state, it is a must for you to have your degree in occupational therapy from an Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) or American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) approved school, college or university.
Accredited Occupational Therapy Programs in Duluth
Duluth, Minnesota is a part of St. Louis County and is home to over 86,000. As of January 20, 2020, the average salary for an OT in Duluth is $83,477. There is one accredited college for the OT program in Duluth.
The College of St. Scholastica
- Masters Degree (MSOT): In order for students to get a master’s degree in OT, they are expected to:
- Successfully complete didactic course requirements of the St. Scholastica Occupational Therapy entry-level masters program;
- Take all courses in sequence;
- Maintain a cumulative and semester GPA of 3.0 while in the Occupational Therapy Program;
- Successfully complete the Level I and II Fieldwork experiences. All Level II Fieldwork experiences must be completed within 24 months of completion of academic coursework;
- Complete 81 credits of the OT curriculum;
- Complete OT Program within 7 years.
- Apply to the Program: Prospecting students must apply to the program through the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS).
- Tuition and Fees: Master’s in OT costs $866 per credit hour, on top of the other fees such as the student services fee ($120), technology fee ($80), health services fee ($130 per semester), and more.
Accredited Occupational Therapy Programs in St. Paul
St. Paul is Minnesota’s capital and is home to over 306,000 people. The average salary for an occupational therapist in St. Paul is $93,598. There is one accredited college for occupational therapy located in St. Paul, Minnesota.
20% Off Scrubs & Other Brands You Love!
Offer Ends 5/31Save Now
St. Catherine University
St. Catherine University Occupational Therapy
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55105
- Master of Arts in Occupational Therapy (MAOT): The MAOT program takes approximately 2.5 years to complete, but must be completed within five years. All MAOT graduate students have up to five years from the initial term of enrollment to complete all program requirements for a graduate degree. Level II fieldwork must be started within one year of the date of the last course in the curriculum. The two required Level II fieldwork experiences must be completed within 18 months of the start of the first Level II Fieldwork experience. To remain in good standing in the MAOT program, students must:
- Maintain a 3.0 grade point average in the MAOT program for each semester;
- Earn a grade of C or better in each graduate course;
- Successfully complete Level I and II Fieldwork assignment;
- Demonstrate satisfactory professional attitudes and behaviors as defined by the program.
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD-EL): Students must complete 100 graduate credits in occupational therapy courses, fieldwork credits, and capstone credits. Students will typically take 13-16 credits in fall and spring terms, 1 credit in January term, and 6-10 credits in summer terms. Students must be prepared to do additional work outside of class time.
- Apply to the Program: Entry-level applicants are individuals who have completed/will complete a bachelor’s degree from another institution and are applying as first-year graduate students. All entry-level applications are processed through the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS). There is no supplemental application that needs to be submitted — only the OTCAS application will be reviewed.
- Tuition and Fees: Cost per credit is $1,089 on top of the additional fees set in place by the university.
Accredited Occupational Therapy Programs in Minneapolis
Minneapolis helps form the Twin Cities along with St. Paul, Minnesota. Minneapolis has over 422,000 residents. The average salary for an occupational therapist in Minneapolis is $93,598. There is one accredited OT college in Minneapolis.
University of Minnesota
Program in Occupational Therapy
Phillips Wangensteen Building Room 15-194
516 Delaware Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Master’s Program (MOT): The Master of Occupational Therapy degree is a 23-month, 77-credit entry-level professional program completed over the course of five full-time semesters. Graduates receive a professional Master of Occupational Therapy degree. The curriculum will be retired once we begin matriculating students into the OTD curriculum.
- Doctorate Program (OTD): The OTD is a 37-month, 116-credit graduate-level professional program completed over the course of nine semesters. Graduates receive a professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy degree.
- Apply to the Program: There are three steps prospecting students need to take in order to apply for the OT program:
- Step One: Fill out the OTCAS application;
- Step Two: Fill out the University of Minnesota Supplemental Application in OTCAS located under “Admissions Requirements” in the “Home Tab”;
- Step Three: Applicants already holding a degree in Occupational Therapy and who are originally certified by NBCOT should contact the admissions department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuition and Fees: Tuition for each semester for the OT program is $12,144, not including the additional tuition fees and course fees.
Accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant Programs in Anoka
Anoka is located in Anoka County and has a population of over 17,000 people. The average salary for a certified occupational therapy assistant in Anoka is $62,442. There is one accredited college for OTA in Anoka.
Anoka Technical College
The Most Comfortable Shoes & Clogs For Nurses
Introducing Croc Lock Tread, Same Croc Comfort w/Slip ResistanceShop Now
- Program: The Anoka Technical College Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program is a 71-credit, two-year Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
- Admission: Prospecting students must:
- Successfully complete the ACCUPLACER/ACT assessment requirement;
- A score of 81 or higher on the Arithmetic portion of the Accuplacer within the past two (2) years;
- OR score of 22 or higher on the Mathematics subject area of the ACT test taken within the past two (2) years;
- OR Anoka Technical College MATH 0801 with a grade of “B” or better within the past two (2) years.
- Apply to the Program: There are different steps for students to take in regards to the application process. It varies given your current status, for example, whether you’re a new student, returning student, transferring student, and more.
- Tuition and Fees: Tuition can range from $191.12 per credit hour to $233.97 per credit hour, not including other fees and costs.